SAK Construction is one of the fastest growing pipeline rehabilitation and tunneling contractors in the U.S. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Diesel Mechanic to work in our O'Fallon, MO shop. The Mechanic will troubleshoot hydraulic, electrical and diesel problems. Experience with fabrication and welding is a plus. SAK offers the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and experienced professionals in the industry. We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement and more.
• Repairs and maintains construction equipment of various types and sizes from light-duty to OTR trucks and from light-duty to heavy-duty operating equipment
• Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions as they arise
• Perform preventative maintenance following operations manuals as well as electrical and hydraulic diagrams/ refrigeration units/ CCTV equipment/ Heat-Exchanger equipment
• Remove and replace defective parts by dismantling devices using hand and power tools
• Test repaired equipment to ensure proper performance when used
• May fabricate, weld and cut parts, using arc-welding/ wire feed and flame cutting equipment
• Perform DOT and BIT Inspections (BTI Terminal Program)
• Perform related duties as requested in a team environment
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have 5+ years of experience with diesel engines, DOT/BIT, and hydraulics
• Class B or higher CDL (or ability to obtain) required
• Must be able to pass a drug test prior to employment
• Must have manual-hand-finger dexterity
• Must have eye-hand-foot coordination
• Must be able to lift and/or transport +70 pounds
• Must have a record for regular attendance and punctuality
• Some travel may be required as needed
SAK Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AA/EOE/M/F/D/V and participates in the E-Verify Program.