SAK Construction is looking to add an experienced Payroll Specialist to our team in O'Fallon, MO. SAK is one of the fastest-growing pipeline rehabilitation and tunneling contractors in the U.S. We provide the opportunity to work with some of the most talented and accomplished professionals in the industry. We offer competitive wages, great benefits, and a tremendous amount of growth potential.
· Provide payroll activities including: payroll processing, year-end processing, reporting, printing checks and auditing.
· Ensure that all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
· Review and respond to unemployment audit requests, wage verification inquiries, wage assignments, levies, and garnishments as necessary.
· Serve as a point of contact for basic inquiries and requests, such as; direct deposit, requests for stub copies, employment verifications, and W-4 withholding.
· Review taxes and process adjustments independently.
· Identify and research errors on payroll checks; resolve basic payroll discrepancies.
· Maintain knowledge of regulatory guidelines, prevailing wages, and certified payroll submittals.
· Other duties assigned.
· Minimum 5-year multi-state payroll processing experience.
· Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws.
· Solid understanding of wage withholding orders and garnishments.
· Solid computer skills including proficiency with MS Excel and Outlook.
· Ability to deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
· Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment.
· Must be detail oriented and organized.
SAK Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.