SAK Construction, LLC is one of the fastest growing pipeline rehabilitation and tunneling contractors in the U.S. We are actively seeking a professional Tunnel Surveyor that will manage and coordinate surveys and survey processes. SAK provides the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced and talented professionals in the industry. This position will initially be assigned to the Deer Creek Tunnel project in St. Louis, with potential for future assignments at other projects. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a tremendous amount of growth potential.
• Oversee the surveying work of the appointed contracts, and supervise subcontractor surveyors as required.
• Analyze and Evaluate surveying control proposals.
• Communicate with clients and keep records of on-site surveys and monitoring.
• Measure sites using surveying instruments and global positioning system (GPS) to have a graphic presentation with exact coordinates of the site features.
• Coordinate with job superintendents, TBM operators, Engineers, project management, clients, and others concerned with project.
• Perform related project engineering and survey duties as a part of the tunnel management team.
• B.S. Degree in Surveying or Civil Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 5 years’ experience as a Surveyor in heavy civil, roads, bridges or rail and transit infrastructure. Experience in tunnel survey is preferred.
• Strong experience in survey with tunnels including Leica instruments / Poltinger Precision Systems (PPS) guidance system.
• Ability to lead a Tunnel Survey Team independently for a wide range of Surveying duties.
• Ability to travel.
SAK Construction, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.